Sunday, December 04, 2005

Some random photos

Here are some photos I took in the past couple of years that don't really fit into a single category.

What's Tokyo without Godzilla? Godzilla and his little tyke welcome visitors (and show them the drink menu) at a bar in Shinagawa. I love their pirate hats. ^_^

I didn't think you could see Mt. Fuji from Yokohama, but I was surprised at how big it looked. This was taken from the 26th floor of the Sky Building in Yokohama (located at the east exit of Yokohama Station).

The Apple Store in Ginza. It has 4 or 5 floors of Apple goodness.

This was at an anime related artshow in Ikebukuro's Sunshine City building. The image on the left was done by Yoshitaka Amano (I love his Vampire Hunter D illustrations).

A sunset cityscape in Kannai, Yokohama. I worked in Kannai for about a year.

A selection of children's masks available for sale at a temple in Kamakura.

A big Spiderman 2 promotion at the NTV (Nippon TV) building in Shinbashi.

The NTV building's exterior.

Bocca della Verita (The Mouth of Truth)... this replica of the famous Roman tourist attraction can be found at the Porta shopping complex at east exit of Yokohama Station. Many Japanese love the Audrey Hepburn movie, "Roman Holiday" and the Mouth of Truth and the Fountain of Trevi scenes seem to have given lasting impressions.

An old phone booth at a park in Yokohama. I don't know if the phone works though...

I didn't consciously mean to, but it looks like I collected a bunch of electronics that were white in color: My Sharp Vodafone mobile phone (has a 2 megapixel camera with 2x optical zoom), Sony Clie PEG TJ25 PDA, Sony PSP, and the 1 GB Apple iPod Shuffle. I'm breaking the trend though... I think black will be my next color of choice; my new digital camera (6 megapixel Panasonic Lumix DMC FX9) is black, and if I get a new iPod, it'll be the black iPod Nano.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home